After years of hating the fact that my dress form is burgundy, I decided to do something about it. Yes, Diana had some plastic surgery with a glue gun. Does anyone know WHY they are burgundy? Personally, I would prefer the visual of a human like body when making clothes and as far as I know, there are no burgundy colored humans…
It turned out to be time consuming (about 4 hours) , but worth it in the end.
2 yards of fleshtone tricot knit from Denver Fabrics
If you have the dial-a-dummy like I do, it’s pretty easy to pop the various sections out. I started with the front top section, cut a piece of tactel around the same size as the section (no need to be exact here, it stretches) and started glue gunning the inner edges.
I worked section by section, on a plastic matt, because GLUE WILL SPILL, TRUST ME. The trickiest part is gluing around the dials and cutting away the fabric from there so that it will not bulk.
And voila, a shiny, brand new Diana, with an actual fleshtone body!